I read many comments of people having problems with n2o5 and blaming me for bugs etc 🙂
There are no confirmed bugs so far, maybe only one, which is not n2o5 related anyway….there are no bugs found in n2o5 so far 😉 write in this post if you have any problem and I’ll try to solve them, and add relevant info to this post 😉 but please read this before posting!
let’s see what the FAKE BUGS are about 😉
1) Swype doesn’t work on n2o5 —-> IT WORKS, if you installed only max languages with n2o5_musthave.sis and you rebooted after installing n2o5_musthave.sis and after installing swype.
NOTE: YOU CAN’T INSTALL OFFICIAL DICTIONARIES ON MY MODDED INTERNATIONAL SWYPE, THEY WON’T WORK! THOSE DICTIONARIES ARE ONLY FOR OFFICIAL VERSIONS! IF YOUR LANGUAGE IS BETWEEN THOSE OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED BY NOKIA, DON’T USE MY SWYPE, USE THE LATEST OFFICIAL ONE AND INSTALL THE OFFICIAL DICTIONARY FOR YOUR LANGUAGE! 😉 (many polish users made this mistake)
If you still have problems with swype, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with DETAILED info. Thanks 🙂
2) Phonetorch doesn’t disable LED flash —-> This is phonetorch’s bug, I have already talked to the author, and he said that he won’t solve that because he doesn’t know how to solve it, given that it only happens on some i8910 official firmwares
3) I can’t install OviMaps//// OviMaps doesn’t start! —-> Have you installed S60SOA_1.1 before installing OviMaps? Probably not, read here
NOTE: OviMaps 3.06 DOES NOT WORK ON i8910! YOU HAVE TO USE 3.04.278 WHICH I PROVIDE HERE
4) I installed OviMaps but I can’t find its icon! ———> OviMaps icon is in LBS folders in Menu!
5) Date of photos in Photo details is wrong by 1day and 1 hour! ——–> This is Samsung’s firmware bug, and it’s a known one, nothing to do about it 😉 It’s always been there 😉
6) I can’t install QtMobility —-> Official QtMobility package is not compatible with i8910, I have to make a modded QtMobility package, I’ll do that in the next days and I’ll let you have the modded package 😉
7) I can’t install Qt 4.7.3! —-> You have to install Qt as one of the first components after you have flashed, because it has many dependencies on other softwares, and it could fail the installation if you install it when your phone already has lots of apps installed! 😉
8) I can’t login to facebook using Vivaz’s facebook app! ——> Facebook’s app bug! It seems like it can be solved by logging in with a WRONG password, and then with the correct one!
As you see, they’re all fake bugs, nothing related to n2o5, so please, just have some patience when you have problems before saying that my firmwares are bugged, because they’ve been tested enough to avoid stupid bugs 😀
POSSIBLE TRUE BUGS, BUT NOT N2O5 RELATED:
1) I get my phone into an infinite loop, have to reset it to make it boot! ——-> StartBackup’s problem, I’ve sent an email to madhacker, startbackup’s coder, I’ll wait for his answer to give you further info about that….in the meanwhile, DO NOT USE STARTBACKUP, AND DELETE C:/Sys/bin/domainsrv.exe and C:/sys/bin/boot1.exe if you can them in C:/sys/bin folder!
Anyway, startbackup works perfectly for lots of people, so there must be some other software conflicting with startbackup…