here we are guys, the time has come…so long has passed since I first announced I was working on n2o5 (November 2010 :O ) and now, it’s time to release it…it really hurts compressing all the work that I have done during these months in one post, but here’s what I’m going to do…please read it carefully, because I’d like to avoid listening to the same known problems 😉
You know I’m not the type of guy who talks a lot about donations, but what’s important, this time much more than the others, is please drop a donation using the button on the right if you think I have helped you get a better phone, a better experience, if I have let you spend a better time with your i8910 and I have made your life easier somehow 🙂 I have moved to a new house, got lots of expenses because of that and, being a student, I’m in troubles now re money 🙂 so, if you can help, even if only a little bit, please do it 😀 otherwise, no problem at all, I hope you’ll like my work and will find it useful 😉
now that the intro has been done, here’s the changelog, this one only contains the changes from n2o4!, and it should include all features of the old versions of this custom firmware, plus new ones: PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY IN CASE YOU HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH YOUR PHONE BEFORE WRITING COMMENTS OR EMAILS 😉
VERY IMPORTANT, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, BECAUSE THEY’RE DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU’RE USED TO IN OTHER CUSTOM FIRMWARES!!!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR N2O5:
1) Make hardreset
2) Flash n2o5
3) Flash language pack, if you need any
4) INSTALL the sis package which is in Z:/n2o5_mustHave.sis, using FileBrowser, which you can find in Office submenu. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STEP BECAUSE IT WILL INSTALL INPUT KEYBOARD FILES, SYSTEM SOUNDS FILES, AND SOME OTHER THINGS. READ NOTE1
5) REBOOT i8910, you’ll hear no sounds and no vibration until you reboot 🙂
6) READ THE README PAGE, WHERE YOU’LL FIND THE ANSWER TO THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS
6) Give a look at the must have software page and install what you like
NOTE1: IF YOU WANT TO USE SWYPE, DESELECT ALL THE 44 LANGUAGES AND SELECT A MAXIMUM OF 5 LANGUAGES DURING THE INSTALLATION OF n2o5_musthave.sis…IF YOU’LL INSTALL MORE LANGUAGES, SWYPE WON’T WORK. I know it’s boring to deselect all 44 languages, but unfortunately symbian gives no choice, you can’t have them all deselected by default 🙂
Now, the good part,
WHAT’S NEW IN N2O5?? MANY THINGS!! HERE THEY ARE…Entries marked with HOT are exclusives you’ll only find in N2O5!! 😉
- Fixed gallery: the image gallery scrolling should be better now, only thing here is the PRINT string is missing in the Options menu
- Theme: The theme has been modified by the author to fit to n2o5’s requirements…It is based on TouchMeHD by incredibleSheep. Black background and minimalist icons, clean layout, eveything to improve battery life. NOTE: what’s special is that the MUSICPLAYER AND VIDEOPLAYER ARE SKINNED TOO, so enjoy the new graphics!
- Kinetic scrolling values from n2o4, perfect scrolling!
- NEW OviSuite mod! HOW TO MAKE OviSuite work on n2o5? (ADD LINK HERE)
- Email Viewer AND Editor can be used in landscape
- NO DELAY IN OPENING APP FOLDER IN PORTRAIT MODE
- Swype compatible —-> Only restriction is to avoid installing more than 6-7 languages when installing Z:/n2o5_musthave.sis
- Keyboard files in C mod —-> You can change 3row or 4 rows keyboard changing the files in C:/resource/plugins.
- System sounds in C mod —> You can change system sounds easily by replacing the files in C:/System/sounds
- CERTIFICATES MOD!! —> details here: http://www.bernabei.me/2011/04/06/cracking-it-open-we-want-to-be-free-a-new-step-forward/ I have added Nokia certificates, SE, and Samsung certificates all in one to be able to install all official packages! (YOU HAVE TO ENABLE NOKIAMANUFACTURER patch in RomPatcher before installing too) In this way you’ll be able to install MOST (not all) packages directly from, say, the OviStore without any modding to the sis files needed! 😀
- I have added a 20caps certificate too (FreeSign) so that you can use to sign all applications you want with 20 caps!
- NEW PATCHES IN ROMPATCHER –> NokiaManufacturer (needed to install “nokia only” packages), FWVersionInC (needed for the FW version id change, which is needed for OviSuite compatibility)
- E2Z PATCH!! YOU HEARD IT! E2Z!!! IT IS THE SAME AS C2Z BUT WITH E DRIVE! YOU CAN PUT KASTORS AND ALL IN E NOW! REMEMBER THAT, LIKE C2Z, THIS WILL MAKE YOUR PHONE UNSTABLE!! USE ONLY IF YOU KNOW THE RISKS!
- WALLPAPER MOVED TO C:/wallpaper/wallpaper.jpg AND MADE INVISIBLE TO GALLERY
- PhotoLoading, VideoLoading, ZoomLoading animations changed (thx elalmadecuba)
- Splashscreen changed –> thx elalma
- Charging screen changed, try switching your phone off and plugging the charger in! 😉 AND YOU CAN CHANGE THIS TOO!! The files are in C:/Anim!
- Changed Photocontacts default background images
- Added NokiaManufacturer patch to startup, which allows to install Nokia-only packages!
- Added NoOpenApps patch to startup, which hides the Show Open Apps string in all “options” menus! –> NO WHITE SQUARE BUG!
- SysApCharging moved to C:/Anim/, and hidden from gallery
- StartBackup 1.02, new backup settings!
- Added PHONETORCH –> Yes, the author accepted to give the full version for free to n2o5 users 🙂
- Calendar fix for Spanish language by oisemen
- E:/Others/spbshell is auto created, to allow fast modding of SpbShell skins!
- App orientation fix by elalmadecuba
AND, FINALLY…..THE BIGGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE,
NEW TWEAKING APP, i8910tuning!
i8910tuning is a system tweaking app, written completely by me in Qt/Qml , latest Qt technology 🙂 it took LOTS OF WEEKS to code it…
You’ll see how fast and smooth it is! 😉 You can find more info about the features in the Help section of the screens in i8910tuning.
– IDChange screen —> Swipe up or down to change the FirmwareID and default browser’s UserAgent! 🙂 The firmwareID change to a Nokia fwid is needed to make OviSuite recognize your i8910! 🙂 and the UserAgent change is needed for some softwares like OviStore, which only works when you have a Nokia UserAgent set! 🙂
– Camera tweaking screen —> it contains many adjustable settings (photo focus mode, video focus mode, audio noise suppressor) + WDR ALWAYSON/ALWAYSOFF SWITCH GUYS!! I MANAGED TO DO IT!!! 😀
Furthermore, in the camera screen you’ll find a button, “Delete empty folders”, which will delete the empty folders created by the camera application! Are you sick and tired of deleting all empty folders when you backup your photos, i8910tuning offers an easy solution to that pain!
– KS Settings screen —> All adjustable settings which are related to kinetic scrolling in Symbian OS, with brief official descriptions
– CPUClock screen —> Overclock/Underclock the CPU of your i8910 now! Need more battery? Need more power? Adjust the settings to your likes and then apply the clock patch in RomPatcher! 🙂
– Microphone screen —> Are you going to record a video in a disco or during a concert? Lower microphone sensitivity using the microphone settings sliders! 🙂
– Utilities screen —> This screen contains some adjustable settings, Call Summary, to enable/disable call summary at the end of a voicecall, and DimLight to decrease screen light thus allowing your battery to last for longer!
Moreover, here you’ll also find the “Delete Gallery Cache” button, to delete the gallery cache! This is needed when you have some broken images in your gallery, which refers to images you have deleted from your phone/memory card 🙂
Here’s a short HOW-TO guide to i8910tuning app…
The UI is made of three block, the upper bar, the main screen, and the bottom bar…
THE UPPER BAR:
The upper bar is to access the HELP manual, and to exit i8910tuning. THE HELP PAGE IS DIFFERENT FOR EACH SCREEN, SO IF YOU’RE IN CODECS SCREEN YOU’LL GET CODECS HELP, IF YOU’RE IN CLOCK SCREEN, YOU’LL GET CLOCK HELP! 😉
MAIN SCROLLING SCREEN:
Here’s where everything is made, you have 6 screens full of adjustable settings ! You can scroll between them just by swiping with your finger, as easy as that! 🙂
Use the sliders, switches, and buttons to change the values of the settings! 😉 More info in the HELP section of each settings screen 🙂
BOTTOM MENU SCROLLING BAR:
This is a menu bar, you can use it to navigate through the settings screens, just swipe with your finger to scroll to the desired entry, and then click on it!
enjoy its smoothness! 😉
NEW DOWNLOAD LINKS (thanks to 8910.cz community!):
DOWNLOAD LINKS ( OFFLINE, SERVER IS DOWN, DON’T KNOW WHY,I HAVE LOST ALL FILES):
- n2o5 with kinetic scrolling menu, without Gadget-in-E mod, this is for those who don’t care about custom flash homescreens, or for those who need Samsung WidgetHS to be without bugs
- n2o5 with Gadget in E mod and KineticScrolling menu, this is for those who want to use custom flash homescreens
- n2o5 WITHOUT KINETIC SCROLLING MENU, without Gadget-in-E mod, for those who want old samsung menu with 4 bottom icon and without kinetic scrolling. YOU CAN ONLY FLASH EURO LANGPACK ON THIS!!
152 thoughts on “n2o5 Download Page”
l play angry birds..game goes smoothly
The N8 version? I can’t get it to install even after I change the Firmware ID to N8.
provato riprovato almeno 5 volte…tutto inutile …che delusione..un’attesa così lunga per un firmware quasi inutilizzabile…si blocca sempre…applicazioni lentissime…sigic mobile non funziona mai…galleria foto e video sempre in crash…batteria che dura la metà….anzi meno…da mattina a sera senza praticamente usare il telefono la batteria è k.o…ho rimesso hx-v11..ed è tornato velocissimo ..una bomba ..mi dispiace Faenil ..ho aspettato tanto il tuo lavoro e ci credevo davvero..ma questo significa che Hyperx..era arrivato al limite delle potenzialità di i8910-hd…
complimenti, ottima prova di maleducazione
ti sei mai chiesto come mai sei l’unico ad avere questi problemi?
sarà mai che è colpa tua?
ah no, è faenil che ha fatto una schifezza dopo che ha lavorato GRATIS per MESI per VOI.
Non ho alcuna intenzione di aiutarti a risolvere i problemi dato il tuo tono e la tua arroganza, e a quanto pare non ne hai bisogno, stai bene con la tua V11.
Bene così per entrambi.
no faenil ..non fraintendere le mie parole magari un pò forti e scritte in un momento di casino(dopo 5 tentativi e si bloccava ripetutamente tutto)…ho seguito il tuo lvoro da novembre e non vedevo l’ora che uscisse n2o5 per provare una novità…so bene tutto il lavoro che c’è stato dietro.e so bene che tra gli studi hai impegnato molto del tuo tempo…ma veramente ho seguito tutte le istruzioni ma a me non funziona proprio!!!
scusa se quello che ti ho scritto ti può aver offeso ma non era mia intenzione!!!
allora sono sicuro che sarai d’accordo con me che se a tutti funziona tutto, e a te non funziona bene, la colpa non è mia…
ok stasera riprovo,anche se ho fatto tutto come nella tua descrizione..anzi a questo punto ti propongo..sempre se hai un po di tempo…di fare un video tutorial da mettere a disposizione di tutti così da evitare incomprensioni…ciao e grazie….
io sono straimpegnato con gli esami, mi dispiace ma non posso farlo…
Dal tono mi ricorda un tipo che girava per tutti i forum da un po.
Su, non è cattivo, forse è solo poco pratico, bisogna capirlo.
Anche se si da da fare per consigliare gli altri.
Vabbé, Guzzino, grazie per l’aiuto, eh ?!
Ciao, eh ?!
Cià……. vabbè devo andare ora, eh?!
Un saluto, eh ?!
Ciao faenil vorrei solo un chiarimento se possibile. VEdo che ci sono 2 firmware da scaricare 1 con gadget in e , 1 senza e v’è una piccola spiegazione dalla quale capisco che 1 avrebbe l’homescren in flash e l’altra no. Le ho provate tutte e 2 e mi sembrano uguali, a questo punto non ho capito le differenze e qundi quale scegliere, mi puoi dire qualcosa a riguardo?
con la gadget puoi cambiare la flash homescreen cambiando il file gadget.swf in E…
con la nogadget non puoi farlo, per cambiare la flash homescreen hai bisogno di copiare gadget.swf in C e attivare la C2Z, che è una patch instabile, quindi sconsigliata.
Dunque, la gadget, come scritto nella descrizione delle versioni, è per chi vuole utilizzare altre homescreen flash, la nogadget è per chi non è interessato a cambiare flash homescreen, perchè vuole tenere la widget hs o usa altre hs tipo basic, navpage, ecc
capito perfettamente , grazie!!
HEI FAENIL X ME HAI FATTO UN OTTIMO LAVORO, IL MIO HD E RINATO, COMUQUE NON DARE RETTA A CERTA GENTE IDIOTA CHE Cè IN GIRO. COMPLIMENTI E GRAZIE ANCORA
hi faenil.you tell swype is international but i dont have farsi language in my keyboard after installation.can you help me to dissolve it?do this program support farsi?
my swype international only has qwerty layout support.
Sorry, you can’t get farsi…
Where is the CPUClock screen? I tried to find the clock patch in RomPatcher but can’t see it?
CPU CLOCK IS IN I8910TUNING PROGRAM NOT ROMPATCHER MY FRIEND.
it’s one of the settings screens in i8910tuning app
Ah sorry I didn’t know you can scroll the bottom for settings 😛 Very cool!
qualcuno può fare un video su youtube così mostra le nuove feature?
please add (Russian English, Russian, Latvian, Estonian) for this assembly (n2o5 WITHOUT KINETIC SCROLLING MENU, without Gadget-in-E mod, )
it’s a great software.thank yo for your hard work.programs i use usually work perfect.other phone functions works perfect too.
Thank you for releasing, Master.
U have fulfilled our desire.
Cp go faster and seems to be stable too.
Good Work, Faenil
Mhm, I wrote that in another section too
It’s coz it’s true AHAHA
Ok, now I want to try some applications…
Ora capisco perchè ci tenevi tanto per l’ i8910tuning….
Non sembra neanche di avere un OmniaHD in mano….. Grande !
Hi feanil, I have a problem :/ i8910 app in applications section doesn’t work :/ I did everything as you told, (couple times already 😀 ) with and without memory card, but still, no effect :/
fixed that 1 🙂
faenil hello, I need help … download and install the firmware. excellent work! but I have a problem with my phone. SOUND DOES NOT ME! is rare, because the radio and talk to people works fine with or without speakers. The problem is that everything else fails, or with headphones or with speakers. If you give me a help thank you. I took some repair centers but did not give me solution.
I hope your answer and sorry for English, but I’m from Argentina .. I am using a translator.
faenil hello, I need help … download and install the firmware. excellent work! but I have a problem with my phone. SOUND DOES NOT ME! is rare, because the radio and talk to people works fine with or without speakers. The problem is that everything else fails, or with headphones or with speakers. If you give me a help thank you. I took some repair centers but did not give me solution…
I hope your answer and sorry for English, but I’m from Argentina .. I am using a translator.
I forgot, I have tried hard and soft resets, changed firmwares huh, HX-v3 versions, HX-v6, Original Samsung HX-v11 and N2O5. but nothing gave me solution
INSTALL the sis package which is in Z:/n2o5_mustHave.sis, using FileBrowser, which you can find in Office submenu. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STEP BECAUSE IT WILL INSTALL INPUT KEYBOARD FILES, SYSTEM SOUNDS FILES, AND SOME OTHER THINGS. READ NOTE1
i need all values of *#0002*28346# menu, maybe can fix on there.
nobody in my city have this phone, i cant see the values to compare whit my OMNIA HD =(
Hard reset Your fone… And flash again with n205 ..End install qt 4.7.3 ,And INSTALL the sis package which is in Z:/n2o5_mustHave.sis .. Me to have problem with sound ,end now work fine.
SELECT A MAXIMUM OF 5 LANGUAGES DURING THE INSTALLATION OF n2o5_musthave.sis… I selected 2 languages.
ok, ill try that today, tank you for help
if anyone have a list whit all values from *#0002*28346# please sendme to email@example.com
Thank You for You work. It gives to my I8910 a new life with every new n2oX release.
But … After upgrading from n2o4 to n2o5 I can’t to upgrade my RoadSync from 4 to 5. It says “This version of RoadSync is not intended for use on this phone.”
How to fix it?
Thank in advance,
I’ve forgot to say that I’ve bought this upgrade for RoadSync and downloaded from the official DataViz store.
maybe you have changed UserAgent or FirmwareID, and now RoadSync can’t recognize your i8910 🙂
You has been near … but the cause was in the ROMPatcher with NokiaManufacturer patch. I’ve turned it off and RoadSync was upgraded correctly.
My Swype does not work in Russian … 🙁
it doesn’t…only qwerty layout….
Hi. I have i8910 for 2 weeks and its flashed to codec v3 dark edition. Can I flash to n2o5 when other cfw installed?
sure 😉 make a backup and flash 🙂
I downloaded the kinetic scrolling and Gadget E version.. but was wondering something.. while searching the internet for further info on how to do more with my i8910.. i came across this youtube video of the n204.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFKmiCWFu90
I found the homescreen simply amazing.. and was wondering how do I get that on my phone? Is this just the n204 or also included in the N205?
the only basic style of homescreen I am using is finger use.. and I could not easily find a way to get that type of homescreen.
did i perhaps download the wrong version? or do I have to set it somewhere?
thanks for your work again..
that’s n2o4’s homescreen, anyway you can flash n2o4, take the gadget.swf plus icons.xml plus icons folder from E:/ and copy that to your n2o5 gadget version
If you wont fm radio without headset go to filebrowser z/sys/bin/FMRadioTest.exe clik on it open and click 1. Rx Mode and again 1. Radio on and 4-5 key up-down to menage frequency..up volume is 6 key and down volume 7. 😉
I want to know :
Aquarium gadget , Why is it not full screen in N2o5 ?
Link download : http://samsung-i8910-hd.blogspot.com/2010/05/wallpaper-animat-video.html
Finally ,I hope that it will take a photo from the front camera.
i have noticed that most apps and widgets fail to run in the i8910. using the HX-v11 and the N205. both have failed to run these widgets and apps. can you tell me why?
the following apps just display a blank screen or wont run properly:
1. backwords by picobros
2. ghost hunter widget
3. air horn by pico bros
4. wellness diary
5. lullaby me by DLSU-manila
most of these are seen here:
im really disappointed to see that all these and much more apps never work on the i8910…i hope you can do something about this.
i have the n205 rompatcher+ set at nokiamanufacturer, noopenapps and openforall
is there some way that these and other apps work with the i8910?
hELP!!!!!!!!!!! i have a windows 7. cant install n205 !
download and install VMware
have a ISO file of a Windows Xp 32bit
Create your virtual XP
Install phone drivers
Can you add Vietnamese Language Pack!
I’m So interested in your CFW, can you help me?
Thank you from Russia! ^_^ Really good work man! Flash n2o5 from HX-v11. Good perfomance and more stable. Test all stuff i use for a week.
Now some questions:
How can i delete all that languages from FW? I want just Rus and Eng interface and keyboards..
Was going to try this new firmware since my n2o3 died on me today after a week of strange symptoms (warning of c mem full even when i had erased files from it, and today kept rebooting since it showed homescreen, also lost the menu screen, just in blank with the options and previous tabs in the bottom). The problem is, that seems the server is down, i can’t download nothing from faenil’s pit website. Just to let you know about it.
Hope it will be fast to be online again, since now i don’t have the cellphone working properly.
server is up and running 🙂
Strange, still can’t access the downloads, nor the language packs.
It keeps returning http://www.olcso-tarhely.com not found. Tryed in 4 computers :s Is there any possibility to send it by email? Or another upload server?
I was only needing the “n2o5 with kinetic scrolling menu, without Gadget-in-E mod” and the “Port” language pack.
I join in August to a request to send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – KINETIC n2o5 WITHOUT scrolling menu, without Gadget-in-E mod (Samsung omnia HD)
i need to ask you something. After installed n205 my camera’s shutter has not sound. how to turn on the sound? thankyou
When you are in Camera mode, press the settings (gear button on the bottom left). Then the gear button again in the tab on the top. Arrow down to page 2 is where you will find the Shutter Sound.
yes,i see but when i choose the sound nothing changed at all [already tried 1 2 3 and off]
Ciao. Purtroppo i link sembrano tutti non più validi… c’è possibilità di scaricare da qualche altro server? Grazie. Ciao.
Links say that Olcso-tarhely.com domain has expired :s
No chance to use other server?
Buonasera feanil ha installato il suo fw tutto è andato bene ma nn sono riuscito a trovare da nessuna parte il file n2o5_mustHave.sis e mi sono girato tutte le cartelle del telefono e delle memorie nn ce proprio ce la possibilita di avere un link diretto al file per installarlo separatamente
qwerty nn funzionante
Ciao Faenil, grazie per tutto il lavoro svolto, la rom è stabilissima, ti comunico che, per fortuito caso, sono riuscito ad installare FlipFont su N2o5 senza causare nessun crash, ed è un mese che cambio font senza causare danni. La prima volta che lo installai ad agosto, per vedere se dava problemi, effettivamente mi costò l’hard reset, ma la seconda volta, prima di riavviare il tel per effettuare il cambio font, ho attivato la C2Z, pensando che poteva essere utile e così è stato! Adesso l’ho anche disattivata e cambio font normalmente, previo reboot. Spero questo possa esserti utile, a proposito, quando è prevista l’uscita della “bugfix” (lo metto tra virgolette!!!)? 🙂
Hi Faenil , thanks for all the work done, the rom is very stable, you know that, by lucky chance, I managed to install on FlipFont N2o5 without causing any crash, and it is a month that I change fonts without causing damages. The first time I installed it in August, to see if it gave problems, and it cost me the hard reset, but the second time, before you restart the phone to make the change fonts, I activated C2Z, thinking it could be useful and so it was! Now I’ve also disabled C2Z and changing fonts normally after reboot. I hope that I can help, by the way, when it expects the output of “bugfix” (I put quotation marks !!!)? 🙂
I have a strange problem after flashing my i8910 with n2o5. Some of the icons are not responding to single touch. I have to press on them three of four times for the touch to register.
are the links on the czech site the new update version ?
with like less reboot loops and all that?