1) Download and install Phoenix 2010 cracked (can’t tell you where to download it from, look for it)
2) Download navifirm 0.4, and the UDA you wish to flash
3) Open Navifirm, and wait for it to load the Products list, then hit N8 (RM596)
4) Select 11.12 and wait for navifirm to load the Variants list
5) Use the search variants box at the bottom to look for the product code of your phone (you can find the product code on the transparent sticker which was on the back of your N8 when you bought it, mine is 0599857******, 0599857 is the product code) then hit MARK ALL, and then DOWNLOAD WITH THE PROGRAM, and choose the directory where you want to download the OFFICIAL firmware files
6) Once you have downloaded the official firmware files, copy those files to “C:/Program Files(x86)/Nokia/Phoenix/Products/RM-596” which is the directory where Phoenix will look to get the files it needs to flash the firmware to your N8
7) Connect your N8 via USB cable and open PHOENIX
8) Hit File–>Scan Product, and then hit Flashing–>Firmware Update
9) In the firmware update screen, you’ll see that Phoenix have found the firmware files of the official firmware you downloaded from navifirm (if it doesn’t find any firmware, add the directory C:/Program Files(x86)/Nokia/Phoenix in all the three boxes in Tools–>Options–>Product Location, and repeat step 8 ) , now hit REFURBISH
10) Now a warning dialog box will appear, telling you that one file is missing. THIS STEP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. Do not click anything on the warning box, just minimize Phoenix screen, go to the folder where you downloaded the hacked UDA file (decompress the .7z file using peazip or 7zip first), and copy it to C:/Program Files(x86)/Nokia/Phoenix/Products/RM-596 .
11) If it asks you to overwrite say yes, then go back to Phoenix and hit yes on the warning dialog box. If it doesn’t ask you to overwrite the file, rename the OFFICIAL UDA FILE to something else (for example, if the name of the official UDA file is RM-596_011.012_U01.01_79.92_prd.uda.fpsx, rename it to RM-596_011.012_U01.01_79.92_prd_ORIGINAL.uda.fpsx) and rename the HACKED UDA to the former name of the OFFICIAL UDA FILE (the name of the hacked uda is RM-596_011.012_U03.01_79.92_prd.uda.fpsx, in this case you have to rename it to RM-596_011.012_U01.01_79.92_prd.uda.fpsx, which is the name of the UDA you download from navifirm)
12) Now go back to the Phoenix’s warning dialog box, and hit YES, and wait for the flashing process to complete 🙂
13) Done 🙂 Now you can install unsigned apps 🙂
23 thoughts on “How to flash N8 UDA”
Faenil, I can’t make sense of this, please help. I installed 2010.38 Phoenix, but it wouldn’t detect my N8. I’m on windows 7 32 bit. So I uninstalled it, and tried installing 2010.24, there was an error at the end of the installation saying “Access is Denied”. I was running the setup as Administrator. As a result, I couldn’t see any Phoenix icons on the desktop or anywhere and I can’t run Phoenix. 2010.24 was installed as it appeared in the list of Programs, however, 2010.38 also existed under list of programs. I uninstalled 2010.24 successfully, but I can’t uninstall 2010.38 successfully nor can I run it. I did everything I could think of, disabled firewall, antivirus, removed drivers individually, etc but no luck. The wizard would run but give me a ‘fatal error’.
sorry man I can’t help you in getting a working phoenix version …
Any idea what may be interrupting the uninstallation process? Can I edit some reg keys to get this through?
I have no idea about that, I started using Phoenix when I bought N8, I have little experience with it, I’m a Samsung modder, and we don’t have phoenix there
Heh, true. Thanks a lot anyway man! You’re ace!
Just one final query, you’re on 2010.38 version of Phoenix right? Cracked?
This is what I have discovered. A word of warning to all the noobs (like me) who’re hacking the N8 for the first time. Some Phoenix cracked versions are bad and do not detect the N8, even worse, they have a faulty uninstaller, so you can’t uninstall them! Download only the one others have approved of and confirmed working. =)
Hey, when I start the flashing the program gives me a message:
Getting list of files to be flashed failed: 0x84210010(2078212080)-
Firmware: Flashing file’c:\program files(x86)\
and If i click ok the process stop.
What should i do ?
yoh should read the guide one more time 😉
Dude I am still trying 🙁 and nothing!!! I made it 10 times maybe. Can the problem be in the phoenix? My version is Phoenix Service Software 2010.38.005.44210. If i try with another one? please help I, lost 4 hours of my life 🙂
just have to ignore that warning box about fpsx man…
Hey faenil, I was curious, i saw your video
Just wanna ask, why you delete, the `16G.fpsx’ thingi, before you press ok and refurbish does that file mean anything to the phone? just woundering
my video? where did you read that it was mine ? 🙂
huh, oh sorry . . . I though it was yours 😳 tah my bad, but did you get to watch it? that person delete the `16G.fpsx’ thing ryte? so if I follow this video, will there be any problem? Any solution ? flashing is my first time, i tried my N82, but had no luck it reboot but didn’t make it alive, even though its about rusty, maybe around 3 years by now so my N8 is coming soon as a replacement, hopefully the video is approv to be alright? Maybe ? 🙄
Hi everyone, I try your method faenil, but it didnt work 😥 , so I flashed my N8 with phoenix, but as a dead phone, and i had success 😆 , if you want post the methot please contact me…
that video is not mine…
Bro, i did EXACTLY as you posted and it completely worked!
Although i have a “Installation in Process” notification that doesn’t let me do anything for 20 minutes so far..
I noticed that Swype was automatically installed so i figure it’s reinstalling all the other apps because i remember i had to download and install that app (it didn’t come as a factory-default application)..
Hope it ends sooner or later.. Or else, i’ll just HARD RESET it and all fine again.
Thanx for the CFW and your indicators! We need more people like you in the world. Honestly.
thank you for your nice words, I really appreciate it 🙂
about the installation in progress… this a weird symbian problem, that installation at first boot always has problems… xD btw let it end 🙂
I have the latest nokia FW on my N8 (013.016) will there be a CFW for this one to? if so, when can i expect it? i would realy like to have the h20 running on my n8 but i have heard that i can’t downgrade the nokia FW.
Please hack program nokia n8 c7 e7 site without flashing phone leave. like hellox hellocarbide
Thank you help me I’m gone, just like any site with Flash uda was possible.
I know you can only find a solution
Hi i had read your guide like 10times i just got mi nokia N8 i dont want to make some bad move… i have everything but i have a dubt. my nokia is 14.02 with navirm i have to download 14.02or 11.12 i dont get that part!… Thnxs for all!
People probably know about the newer hacks, but just in case anyone didn’t… There are various hacks available to installed unsigned apps on the N8. I am running Anna & found one of those anti virus hacks that restores some files to drive c: needed for rom patcher & then enabling it to do its work.
Its a three step hack in order to avoid flashing the firmware. If you search there are guides…. Such as the one found here…
i have big problem with my n8,can somebody help me?phone is dead
Scanning image files…
Waiting for USB device…
ERROR: Failed to set phone to flashmode
HRESULT 0x8401f141 (-2080247487)
Flash: Boot rom was not detected after phone boot up. Unable to start flashing.