here we are guys, the time has come…so long has passed since I first announced I was working on n2o5 (November 2010 :O ) and now, it’s time to release it…it really hurts compressing all the work that I have done during these months in one post, but here’s what I’m going to do…please read it carefully, because I’d like to avoid listening to the same known problems 😉
You know I’m not the type of guy who talks a lot about donations, but what’s important, this time much more than the others, is please drop a donation using the button on the right if you think I have helped you get a better phone, a better experience, if I have let you spend a better time with your i8910 and I have made your life easier somehow 🙂 I have moved to a new house, got lots of expenses because of that and, being a student, I’m in troubles now re money 🙂 so, if you can help, even if only a little bit, please do it 😀 otherwise, no problem at all, I hope you’ll like my work and will find it useful 😉
now that the intro has been done, here’s the changelog, this one only contains the changes from n2o4!, and it should include all features of the old versions of this custom firmware, plus new ones: PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY IN CASE YOU HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH YOUR PHONE BEFORE WRITING COMMENTS OR EMAILS 😉
VERY IMPORTANT, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, BECAUSE THEY’RE DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU’RE USED TO IN OTHER CUSTOM FIRMWARES!!!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR N2O5:
1) Make hardreset
2) Flash n2o5
3) Flash language pack, if you need any
4) INSTALL the sis package which is in Z:/n2o5_mustHave.sis, using FileBrowser, which you can find in Office submenu. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STEP BECAUSE IT WILL INSTALL INPUT KEYBOARD FILES, SYSTEM SOUNDS FILES, AND SOME OTHER THINGS. READ NOTE1
5) REBOOT i8910, you’ll hear no sounds and no vibration until you reboot 🙂
6) READ THE README PAGE, WHERE YOU’LL FIND THE ANSWER TO THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS
6) Give a look at the must have software page and install what you like
NOTE1: IF YOU WANT TO USE SWYPE, DESELECT ALL THE 44 LANGUAGES AND SELECT A MAXIMUM OF 5 LANGUAGES DURING THE INSTALLATION OF n2o5_musthave.sis…IF YOU’LL INSTALL MORE LANGUAGES, SWYPE WON’T WORK. I know it’s boring to deselect all 44 languages, but unfortunately symbian gives no choice, you can’t have them all deselected by default 🙂
Now, the good part,
WHAT’S NEW IN N2O5?? MANY THINGS!! HERE THEY ARE…Entries marked with HOT are exclusives you’ll only find in N2O5!! 😉
- Fixed gallery: the image gallery scrolling should be better now, only thing here is the PRINT string is missing in the Options menu
- Theme: The theme has been modified by the author to fit to n2o5’s requirements…It is based on TouchMeHD by incredibleSheep. Black background and minimalist icons, clean layout, eveything to improve battery life. NOTE: what’s special is that the MUSICPLAYER AND VIDEOPLAYER ARE SKINNED TOO, so enjoy the new graphics!
- Kinetic scrolling values from n2o4, perfect scrolling!
- NEW OviSuite mod! HOW TO MAKE OviSuite work on n2o5? (ADD LINK HERE)
- Email Viewer AND Editor can be used in landscape
- NO DELAY IN OPENING APP FOLDER IN PORTRAIT MODE
- Swype compatible —-> Only restriction is to avoid installing more than 6-7 languages when installing Z:/n2o5_musthave.sis
- Keyboard files in C mod —-> You can change 3row or 4 rows keyboard changing the files in C:/resource/plugins.
- System sounds in C mod —> You can change system sounds easily by replacing the files in C:/System/sounds
- CERTIFICATES MOD!! —> details here: http://www.bernabei.me/2011/04/06/cracking-it-open-we-want-to-be-free-a-new-step-forward/ I have added Nokia certificates, SE, and Samsung certificates all in one to be able to install all official packages! (YOU HAVE TO ENABLE NOKIAMANUFACTURER patch in RomPatcher before installing too) In this way you’ll be able to install MOST (not all) packages directly from, say, the OviStore without any modding to the sis files needed! 😀
- I have added a 20caps certificate too (FreeSign) so that you can use to sign all applications you want with 20 caps!
- NEW PATCHES IN ROMPATCHER –> NokiaManufacturer (needed to install “nokia only” packages), FWVersionInC (needed for the FW version id change, which is needed for OviSuite compatibility)
- E2Z PATCH!! YOU HEARD IT! E2Z!!! IT IS THE SAME AS C2Z BUT WITH E DRIVE! YOU CAN PUT KASTORS AND ALL IN E NOW! REMEMBER THAT, LIKE C2Z, THIS WILL MAKE YOUR PHONE UNSTABLE!! USE ONLY IF YOU KNOW THE RISKS!
- WALLPAPER MOVED TO C:/wallpaper/wallpaper.jpg AND MADE INVISIBLE TO GALLERY
- PhotoLoading, VideoLoading, ZoomLoading animations changed (thx elalmadecuba)
- Splashscreen changed –> thx elalma
- Charging screen changed, try switching your phone off and plugging the charger in! 😉 AND YOU CAN CHANGE THIS TOO!! The files are in C:/Anim!
- Changed Photocontacts default background images
- Added NokiaManufacturer patch to startup, which allows to install Nokia-only packages!
- Added NoOpenApps patch to startup, which hides the Show Open Apps string in all “options” menus! –> NO WHITE SQUARE BUG!
- SysApCharging moved to C:/Anim/, and hidden from gallery
- StartBackup 1.02, new backup settings!
- Added PHONETORCH –> Yes, the author accepted to give the full version for free to n2o5 users 🙂
- Calendar fix for Spanish language by oisemen
- E:/Others/spbshell is auto created, to allow fast modding of SpbShell skins!
- App orientation fix by elalmadecuba
AND, FINALLY…..THE BIGGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE,
NEW TWEAKING APP, i8910tuning!
i8910tuning is a system tweaking app, written completely by me in Qt/Qml , latest Qt technology 🙂 it took LOTS OF WEEKS to code it…
You’ll see how fast and smooth it is! 😉 You can find more info about the features in the Help section of the screens in i8910tuning.
– IDChange screen —> Swipe up or down to change the FirmwareID and default browser’s UserAgent! 🙂 The firmwareID change to a Nokia fwid is needed to make OviSuite recognize your i8910! 🙂 and the UserAgent change is needed for some softwares like OviStore, which only works when you have a Nokia UserAgent set! 🙂
– Camera tweaking screen —> it contains many adjustable settings (photo focus mode, video focus mode, audio noise suppressor) + WDR ALWAYSON/ALWAYSOFF SWITCH GUYS!! I MANAGED TO DO IT!!! 😀
Furthermore, in the camera screen you’ll find a button, “Delete empty folders”, which will delete the empty folders created by the camera application! Are you sick and tired of deleting all empty folders when you backup your photos, i8910tuning offers an easy solution to that pain!
– KS Settings screen —> All adjustable settings which are related to kinetic scrolling in Symbian OS, with brief official descriptions
– CPUClock screen —> Overclock/Underclock the CPU of your i8910 now! Need more battery? Need more power? Adjust the settings to your likes and then apply the clock patch in RomPatcher! 🙂
– Microphone screen —> Are you going to record a video in a disco or during a concert? Lower microphone sensitivity using the microphone settings sliders! 🙂
– Utilities screen —> This screen contains some adjustable settings, Call Summary, to enable/disable call summary at the end of a voicecall, and DimLight to decrease screen light thus allowing your battery to last for longer!
Moreover, here you’ll also find the “Delete Gallery Cache” button, to delete the gallery cache! This is needed when you have some broken images in your gallery, which refers to images you have deleted from your phone/memory card 🙂
Here’s a short HOW-TO guide to i8910tuning app…
The UI is made of three block, the upper bar, the main screen, and the bottom bar…
THE UPPER BAR:
The upper bar is to access the HELP manual, and to exit i8910tuning. THE HELP PAGE IS DIFFERENT FOR EACH SCREEN, SO IF YOU’RE IN CODECS SCREEN YOU’LL GET CODECS HELP, IF YOU’RE IN CLOCK SCREEN, YOU’LL GET CLOCK HELP! 😉
MAIN SCROLLING SCREEN:
Here’s where everything is made, you have 6 screens full of adjustable settings ! You can scroll between them just by swiping with your finger, as easy as that! 🙂
Use the sliders, switches, and buttons to change the values of the settings! 😉 More info in the HELP section of each settings screen 🙂
BOTTOM MENU SCROLLING BAR:
This is a menu bar, you can use it to navigate through the settings screens, just swipe with your finger to scroll to the desired entry, and then click on it!
enjoy its smoothness! 😉
NEW DOWNLOAD LINKS (thanks to 8910.cz community!):
DOWNLOAD LINKS ( OFFLINE, SERVER IS DOWN, DON’T KNOW WHY,I HAVE LOST ALL FILES):
- n2o5 with kinetic scrolling menu, without Gadget-in-E mod, this is for those who don’t care about custom flash homescreens, or for those who need Samsung WidgetHS to be without bugs
- n2o5 with Gadget in E mod and KineticScrolling menu, this is for those who want to use custom flash homescreens
- n2o5 WITHOUT KINETIC SCROLLING MENU, without Gadget-in-E mod, for those who want old samsung menu with 4 bottom icon and without kinetic scrolling. YOU CAN ONLY FLASH EURO LANGPACK ON THIS!!