Hi guys I just got a heart-attack after the lights went off in my house…
and you know what? I was flashing my i8910 with one of my 1000s of experimental roms!!!!
We were three in the house, and as the lights went off I started going like : DAAAAMN!!! DAAMN!!!! WHO THE FUCK SWITCHED THE OVEN ON???? I HAVE TO TAKE MY PHONE TO A REPAIR CENTRE NOW!!! DAAAMN!!!
After the first minute of screaming, I switched my brain back on and said, let’s do some attempts to revive it…
Here it is, what happened and what I made:
The phone was flashing and it was at half of ROM file (the second one after splash.bin)
Lights went off
Phone got stuck during the flashing process.
What I made:
1) Switched my brain on after 5 minutes of crazy screaming and yelling
2) DID NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY
3) Switched the PC back on (I have a desktop)
4) Started the Virtual Machine (I have win7 and winxp on virtual machine that I only use to flash i8910)
5) Once WinXP had started, I started Symbian Flashing Tool
6) I unplugged the usb cable
7) Plugged the usb cable back in the phone
8) Clicked on USB->USB_Driver Attach (this is only if you use VirtualPC, otherwise skip passage 8)
9) Clicked on Download on Symbian Flashing Tool
10) The flashing progress started again, but the phone was at half of the second file while the program was sending the first flash file
11) The Flashing interrupted before it got to 100% on Symbian Flashing Tool, and a FAIL status appeared on Symbian Flashing Tool
12) At this point I said “It would have been too nice to have my phone back, it says FAIL, bye bye i8910, bye bye blog, bye bye LITv2 and n2o”
13) After this failed flashing process, the phone was not booting, it kept flashing on the first Samsung screen
14) I said “it is dead” again
15) I removed the battery
16) Put the battery back on
17) Tried to boot on Bootloader Mode
18) It booted on bootloader mode!!!
19) Flashed again with the same firmware which I was flashing when the light went off
20) Only at this point my heart stopped beating at the speed of 120beats/min
21) I screamed “YEEEEEAH!! Fuck OFF FAITH!!!”
Hope you enjoyed my story, and I hope it will be useful to people who will have the same problem ^_^