Hi guys I just got a heart-attack after the lights went off in my house…
and you know what? I was flashing my i8910 with one of my 1000s of experimental roms!!!!
We were three in the house, and as the lights went off I started going like : DAAAAMN!!! DAAMN!!!! WHO THE FUCK SWITCHED THE OVEN ON???? I HAVE TO TAKE MY PHONE TO A REPAIR CENTRE NOW!!! DAAAMN!!!
After the first minute of screaming, I switched my brain back on and said, let’s do some attempts to revive it…
Here it is, what happened and what I made:
The phone was flashing and it was at half of ROM file (the second one after splash.bin)
Lights went off
Phone got stuck during the flashing process.
What I made:
1) Switched my brain on after 5 minutes of crazy screaming and yelling
2) DID NOT REMOVE THE BATTERY
3) Switched the PC back on (I have a desktop)
4) Started the Virtual Machine (I have win7 and winxp on virtual machine that I only use to flash i8910)
5) Once WinXP had started, I started Symbian Flashing Tool
6) I unplugged the usb cable
7) Plugged the usb cable back in the phone
8) Clicked on USB->USB_Driver Attach (this is only if you use VirtualPC, otherwise skip passage 8)
9) Clicked on Download on Symbian Flashing Tool
10) The flashing progress started again, but the phone was at half of the second file while the program was sending the first flash file
11) The Flashing interrupted before it got to 100% on Symbian Flashing Tool, and a FAIL status appeared on Symbian Flashing Tool
12) At this point I said “It would have been too nice to have my phone back, it says FAIL, bye bye i8910, bye bye blog, bye bye LITv2 and n2o”
13) After this failed flashing process, the phone was not booting, it kept flashing on the first Samsung screen
14) I said “it is dead” again
15) I removed the battery
16) Put the battery back on
17) Tried to boot on Bootloader Mode
18) It booted on bootloader mode!!!
19) Flashed again with the same firmware which I was flashing when the light went off
20) Only at this point my heart stopped beating at the speed of 120beats/min
21) I screamed “YEEEEEAH!! Fuck OFF FAITH!!!”
Hope you enjoyed my story, and I hope it will be useful to people who will have the same problem ^_^
16 thoughts on “faenil, BRICK TEST PASSED!! Take this, faith!!!”
Devi ricreare una nuova rom o con un file .sis magari si può aggiornare la rom?
Ho sbagliato..era per il post sotto..pardon
a me è capitato una volta mentre partizionavo l’hard che contiene la mia vita 😀
infatti ora prima di operazioni pericolose controllo che la ragazza non stia usando il fon a reazione da 35Kw e che quell’altro non abbia infilato qualche bue muschiato con patate nel forno!
$ 🙂 I know I should buy one though
Ma in effetti rischi di dover buttare il telefono solo se fai il flash anche del boot… immagino che questo non sia stato il tuo caso, altrimenti avresti davvero avuto un c… enorme!! 😉
Ti prego quindi di non mettere il flash del boot in automatico nelle tue ROM!
Ciao e grazie del tuo buon lavoro!
ovviamente non c’e’…
cmq un sacco di persone hanno brickato senza aver selezionato il flashing del boot…i misteri…
This shit happens with me also !!! I know exactally waht you pass…
Is really really fucking scary 😯 😯 😯
My case was worst cos here in Brazil the phone wasn’t released and this means no warranty, no Samsung Service Center
In my case i was flashing (LITv2 😉 ) using wmware (cos i dont have windows XP also) when a got a bluescreeen of death, caused by driver problems i guess.
Almost one hour with heart 120beats/min and menatally saying, “God please, no. God please, i swear nevermore flash my phone but bring it back to life” I CAN BRING IT BACK.
So i can get the conclusion that is:
OUR PHONE IS SO FREAKING AMAZINGM THAT IS EVEN HARD BRICK IT.
To end a question for you Faenil. Whats your opinion about the new speed rom by hyperx, that can run 62 apps without hang up?
I call that marketing. nothing else to say about that. marketing. open your eyes people!
huhahaha, now when we r getting the treat for ur phone’s second life or rebirth. happy birthday treat
@Zen: so, about your promise to God, how do you solve it??!!! 😉 😆 😈
Thanks my GOD for saving your i8910 I am so happy for you.
Faenil can you add romanian T9 and keyboard to ur n2o? Thanks!
LMAO. What a story and experience faenil. I would have shit my trousers good and proper if that had happened to me!! 😆
Glad your brick has turned back in to a phone and you are able to continue with your great work.
faneil for god sake give us english to english dictionary back. wat is this man.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
sorry man, it’s stupid JC1, I’ve made lots of attempts to get the dictionary back, no luck so far
At this time no new cooked rom by faenil, so the promise to Dod is still ok.
Lest’s see about the next release 😀 😀 😀 😀
usare un laptop pareva brutto?
hi.. I have the same experience like yours, BUT unluckily, I didn’t pass the brick test.. I’m so upset right now. 😥 What will I do? Can I do something else about it? or can they fix it in the repair shop? please.. help me GOD.
I don’t know about repair shops…I think you should send it to a Samsung centre..
Thanks Bro.. I hope they can fix it or do something about it ASAP coz im leaving in our country a week from now. Im so busted..