FIRST OF ALL: I NEED A DUTCH ROM TO MAKE DUTCH LOCALIZATION, CAN ANYONE LINK ME TO A DUTCH OFFICIAL FIRMWARE? THANKS
Hi guys ^^
I’m still working on the project for my university but I have set everything back up to cook ^_^
I want you to know that I’ve been silent in the last days, but I was not just studying…
I got some results (thanks to “new” friends 🙂 ) and I finally found someone who could make my wishes come true 🙂
you’ll know things in further details in due time 😀
At the moment this is what I want to know from you:
WHAT DID YOU LIKE ABOUT n2o3??
WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE??
WHAT ARE YOUR WISHES FOR THE NEXT FIRMWARE?
Write all your ideas in your comment!! 😉
NOTE: THERE ARE SOME BANNED REQUESTS, SUCH AS:
Because I know people would like to have those but it is not possible at the moment 😉
Cheers guys 🙂
62 thoughts on “secrets and suggestions for the next fw ;)”
First of all many thanks for you faenil 😆
i want to tell that i was workin with n2o2 then n2o3 and i never tried any other FW because many people complains about bugs and instability issues which i never face with your FWS.
what i think i really like to have in the new FW besides what people asks for is
1-if you can emoze work on our device i really like it
2-another video player supports more formates like (rmvb,mbg,…)
3-and most of all i want a stable fw as usual cause these is the most important thing
4-take care of your self and ones you love
Many thanks again…and keep on the great work
1) I don’t think I will succeed 🙁
2) there are none for free 🙁
3) ok 😉
4) sure ^^
I am using your cooked firmware and it is a very nice cooked and very fast firmware.
I hope the new firmware will have these features.
1. Kinetic Scrolling must be smoother than before (esp in songs list and images)
2. Better Battery Life (N203 has have good battery life but if you listen songs or use WLAN it goes down like hell)
3. Better Picture Quality (best codecs should be use in it as you know which will suits your new firmware but we have best quality so far.)
4. New Music Player just like BADA OS have.. (If Possible)
5. Better Sound while playing High bass or Treble songs.
6. Camera (Anti-Shake must be available for every scene)
7. One more new player for videos (except Real Player)
8. Swape UI unlocking. (if Possible)
What i really want these features in your new FW. 😉 and i hope it should be a stable and fast firmware as your N203..:)
Wish you very best of luck for your new FW
1) can’t do it
2) don’t know how to make it better, it works ok on mine
3) it’s best as it is now…
4) can’t do this
5) I’ll look into this 😉
6 & 7 & 9) Can’t do them
have u found the rom u needed?
i think, i can help u for that
a dutch guy has already sent the z dump 🙂 thanks for the help btw 😉
What I like:
1) PF selectable in still camera mode (does a prefocus to infinity and thus allows very quick shots). HX-7 has it – but only selectable via patcher; not in the camera application itself, where it belongs.
2) Plain white 2D icons (Samsung original) in the start screen; not the childish “3D” icons HX-7 uses; it’s a total turnoff. :/
3) KS ! – If possible, smooth KS even in the Player application – I know that’s almost impossible.
4) Customizable Player colors – I know, I know… 😉
5) No change in camera codecs – there are a lof of them to choose from; but they’re all the same, differences seen are just due to differing motivs and light conditions.
6) Same good battery management as always – HX-7 has problems here; faster battery drain than usual.
7) NO pre-installed applications. Pre-installed ones are problematic to remove and update.
8) No unwanted pictures in the gallery; just seek for photos in “Images”; nowhere else.
9) VERY important: Proper naming of photos and videos: YYYY-MM-DD – this is the only format allowing chronological display. Use ONE subfolder (YYYY-MM-DD); no additional folder inside the date folder.
10) EQ in player.
11) Higher Bluetooth A2DP volume.
12) NO “system beep” – that ugly sound disturbing you when connecting/disconnecting the power brick, when receiving read reports, and so on. I read this was hard-coded by Samsung (no audiofile); but maybe there’s a workaround besides disabling all system sounds.
I guess that’s it – except all the features I surely forgot mentioning. 🙂
Greetings and best wishes from Germany – from “ground zero”; the Loveparade desaster – I’ve been there as a member of the emergency team. :/
1) low chance
2) why? 3d are so nice 🙁
3) you know the answer 😉
4) same here
5) u’re right 😉
6) ok 🙂
7) as n2o3
8) it’s impossible, we can only tell where NOT to look
9) I don’t know how to do this…
10) low chance
11) don’t know how to do it at all
12) not worth wasting time for this imho…
thanks for your comment jorn 😉
thx to u for the work u do. 😉
Hello again, faenil ! :o)
Regarding the topics:
1) PF had always been a part of the camera application itself; in earlier firmwares, the PF symbol was still there together with the AF, Macro and Face Detection icons, but greyed out. I never understood why it suddenly totally disappeared from the camera application; it’s one of the most important photo features at all, because it allows you to take real snapshots: Just point and click; no delay caused by the slow AF because the camera is already focused to infinity.
2) It’s because the “3D” icons are too colorful. If you use a theme with blinding colors, the icons match well – but colorful themes waste a lot of energy. So many people prefer simple themes like Pizeros “Earth” theme or similar – here the colorful icons are a great annoyance because the fancy colors collide with the rest of the theme. White icons match with everything, “3D” icons just match with power-hungry, colorful themes; that’s why. :/
7) Ah, I did not know – I thought it was the other way round.
9) One of Samsungs most dumb moves; naming photo and video files using the format “ddmmyyyy”; so no chronological display is possible because files always get sorted by the day first. If there would be a way of changing that idiotic format…
10) An EQ would be a means of increasing the overall volume – just by raising all band’s amplification.
11) Nobody does; Samsung spoiled it. A2DP volume is unbelievable low. 🙁 Again, a working EQ could help a bit here.
12) I guess it’s not possible; for reasons nobody knows Samsung decided not to use a common audio file; they produce that nagging sound via direct programming. You can disable that annoyance by deactivating all system sounds, but that’s just a workaround.
Anyway – I am real curious about your newest creations.
All the best !
1) that means nothing…btw, I’ll look into it 😉
2) you’re right on this..that’s why there is a “standard icons” version of n2o3 🙂
I know the possibilities the EQ would bring…but I just have no idea on how to get it … 🙁
ciao sarebbe possibile integrare la mod che permette di cambiare alla tastiera querty di default il colore in base al tema senza dovveri più usare la c2z (http://www.ipmart-forum.it/showthread.php?284250-MODS-Tastiera-Qwerty-Di-Defaul-Con-I-Tasti-Ke-Cambiano-Colore-seguendo-il-Tema&highlight=)
ti ringrazio per la segnalazione 🙂 l’avevo dimenticata 🙂
Full Portrait Qwerty without installing DayHand. Is this something you can achieve with your new findings? With the QT libraries or any other software?
The Qwerty Layout you had in that Facebook App video seems pretty much close to perfect.
I don’t know how to get portrait qwerty 🙁
the one in facebook app is related to the app 🙂
Just installed N203, what can I say? very impressed and runs very smooth 🙂
Haven’t got the music player to work yet as each time I refresh the library wherever I put the music, it says “refresh stopped” 0 files added.
I don’t care though as I use LCG jukebox.
a BIG WELL DONE to Faenil and his buddys..
musics must be in E:/MUSIC, F:/MUSIC for the player to see them 🙂
Love your work and your devotion towards i8910 as SAMSUNG as forgotten about it and that’s the only reason you are there on allaboutsymbian and gsmarena as you are the most active user working on enhancing i8910. Appreciated.
To the point, two things should be considered in enhancing this f/w:
1) restore default icons on the home screen – bottom bar : they look more sophisticated than 3d ones. rest 3d icons are ok as they can be changed with the themes but those bottom bar one’s can’t be – correct me if I m wrong.
2) Please get a portrait qwerty keyboard just like OPERA and please enhance the landscape qwerty keyboard – it sux the worst on i8910.
1) there a stand_icons version of n2o3.
2) I don’t know if I’ll find a solution…
i’m wondering if you able to change the qwerty keyboard ,,mean changing language to be as in I Phone
by using one button 😳